PrintShop Mail how-to: Selecting trays
Sometimes you just need a little trick to make your work day that much more enjoyable and this could be it. This trick is for you if you have multiple layouts and you need to switch between trays but do not think it’s fun. To simplify your task if your printer supports different paper trays, you can send different layouts to different trays. Here’s how:
To associate a layout with a paper tray
- From the File menu select Page Setup, or right click on the layout and choose Page Setup. Alternatively in the Properties panel, select Page Size.
- From the Tray box, select the desired paper tray.
- In the Apply to box select: Current layout: layout or layouts selected in the Properties Panel.
This point forward: current layout and all layouts below it.
Whole document: all layouts in the document.
- Click OK.
If your printer supports more trays but they are not available in the Page Setup window, use the following steps to select a tray in the Advanced properties of the printer driver:
- From the File menu select Page Setup, or right click on the layout and choose Page Setup.
- Click on the Advanced tab.
- In the Printer Document Properties select Advanced.
- In the Printer Advanced Options select Printer Features.
The options outlined above, must be repeated for each layout, if each layout needs a different tray.
Another way to associate a layout with a paper tray is by selecting the layout in the Layouts panel, then select the Paper Tray property and choose the desired tray from the drop down menu.
From the Layout menu, select Paper Tray. Depending on the selected PPD, a list with the available trays will be displayed.