Digital Proof Of Delivery: benefits and considerations
With digital transformation, the buyer’s journey is increasingly digital. Buyers can order online or ask to receive their bills digitally. For the sake of consistency, it is important that proof of delivery be digital as well.
But what does digital proof of delivery entail? Here is a glimpse of the benefits and considerations that must be made if you want to make the leap to digital POD.
Benefits of digital POD
- Dematerialization: Deliverers no longer have to carry a lot of paper documents, which can be illegible or go astray. All digital PODs are located on a single device that the delivery person uses for customers’ signatures. Information is more reliable because it can be changed in real time.
- Automation: Once the customer has signed the digital POD, all of the information collected by the delivery person can be sent directly to the company and even to the customer. Post-delivery steps, such as billing, can also be automated.
- Savings in time and money: Your employees will no longer have to spend time scanning all those paper PODs or inputting information manually into your systems. The digital solution will help you save paper and accelerate your processes. That frees up your employees to focus on tasks with a higher added value.
Did you know that around 19% of American consumers would like to see an improvement in delivery-related communications (Temando)? Digital POD may be the ideal tool because of all the things it allows you to do: e.g. with POD on a tablet, the delivery person can add comments, take photos if the product is damaged, change amounts, and send information directly to the company. More important, the customer can receive a copy directly by email.
Digital POD: three considerations
- Investment: Implementing a solution to produce digital POD requires little investment of time and money. There is a technological choice to be made between several solutions and various devices. This requires some strategic thinking, as well as some time for set-up.
- System compatibility: In order to switch to digital POD, you must adapt your systems. But you can’t change everything at once. You’ll need to choose an option that is compatible with your existing systems.
- Managing change: You also need to manage the changes in your company’s procedures, whether they apply to employees in the field or in the office. Workers need to be supported and informed so that the transition goes as smoothly as possible. If they fully embrace the new process, it will benefit the company in terms of efficiency.
And what if we said we could help you with these various requirements? Our digital POD solution actually acts as a middleware. So compatibility with your current systems poses no problem. Besides, you’ll be able to choose the medium you want to use in the field: smartphone or tablet, it’s up to you. We’ll guide you every step of the way toward your digital transformation, at your pace. Learn more about our solution to optimize your delivery needs!1